Thursday, June 29, 2017

SAY CHEEEESE !!!!!!


Hey kids, it's Camera Day today and as an amateur photographer, I usually have at least one camera with me, even if it's only my phone. I also like to shop for cameras, camera equipment, and film. Especially, vintage polaroids.

 Although I prefer to shoot in black and white I have taken some color photos (which My Tess says are "so much prettier than the gray ones") and so I thought I would share a few with you today.


A beautiful little beach that we hope to return to someday soon. I tried to get a picture of Tess in her swimsuit but she ran from me.  (I'll keep trying.)

The Brooklyn Bridge at sunset is gone. Are you happy NOW, Petra ???

Bluffers Park 

The Grand Floridian Resort


A little bird Tess wanted badly, but was content with a picture.



Old Montreal



Tower Bridge in London.

And this one is important because..................


And here are some photos of Brendan, who is also an amateur photographer  (I don't know why he calls himself that. If you've sold one photo, you can call yourself a professional photographer. I think he more than qualifies.) Happy Camera Day !!!











This was in my Christmas stocking last year from my favorite little elf.


And this one was under the tree.


Kodak No.1 Diodak  (for AussieGirl)

7 comments:

  1. I'll definitely have to mention to my 13 year old that there is a National Camera Day! He convinced me last year to buy him his first antique. It happens to be a Kodak No.1 Diodak. He says it looks like something from the Titanic. So he brought it home and put it right on our mantle. I must admit it looks pretty cool. :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, AussieGirl. I added a picture of one for sale on Etsy (From my best friend GOOGLE IMAGES -sarcastic emoticon) to the post.
      It's from the 30's. Does it look like yours ?

      Delete
    2. Yes!! Thank you TheChamCham for posting the picture. That's my son's camera.

      Delete
  2. OOPS, I forgot to celebrate National Camera Day. Truth is I never heard of it.
    I do have an antique camera though. It belonged to someone way back in my family (maybe my great-grandmother). It is
    a box camera, by Ansco-- very odd and primitive looking.

    The pictures you posted are very nice. They would make good postcards. I have always admired anyone who could take nice photos. I've never been good at it, but there's a lot to know about photography. It's not just point and click, and that's about all I can do. I agree with Tess that the colored ones are prettier, but the black and white are perfect for some uses.
    I hope you'll post more of your pix sometime.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch,baby. (The Osmond Brothers) I don't know why Tess and I can be blocked from certain pages on Facebook but their members think that they have the right to come here and continually harass us over something as trivial as a picture they believe I am "misrepresenting" as mine. So, I am taking down the offending photo (why the hell some guy from the Netherlands cares about the Brooklyn Bridge is beyond me ???) Stand 50 photographers in that same spot and you'd get the same shot. Anywho.....life is way too short and anyone who has nothing better to do...And as I said before, you are not welcome here. Don't make me release the hounds.

    ReplyDelete